Easiest, Cheapest & Most Secure Way to Pay Bills
- Comments off
Every month the same bills come in and occasionally, on a bad day, a surprise bill shows up. It’s just a part of the adult life that we all wish would just go away. For the foreseeable future… we don’t think that will happen.
But, this doesn’t have to be a hassle every month. There are simple ways to ensure you pay your bills on time and there’s a record to double check. With us, you don’t even have to use up your paper checks!
At Signet, we offer Bill Pay which is a free service to our members that makes paying bills or sending money to family and friends, simple and secure.
Here are some things to know and consider as you look into using Bill Pay for the first time. First? You can use Bill Pay through our mobile app or through our online banking system. So, no matter where you are you can pay your bills without postage, checks or envelopes.
- Note: this service doesn’t charge you anything. Even if we have to mail a check to an individual or a company, there’s no postage charge or extra fees involved. This allows you to save money on postage, envelopes and personal checks!
- One thing we love about this system is that you’re keeping your account even more secure. With Bill Pay you don’t have to grant any company access to your account. We send the payment so you stay in control of what you’re paying and when.
- Recurring payments can be lifesavers. Do you know your rent or your mortgage is due on the same day every month? Do you often forget to pay your phone bill or car insurance? Since these prices rarely change, we recommend setting up a recurring payment so you NEVER miss a payment. There is even a calendar view within Bill Pay that records past and upcoming payments. A word of caution though, if you set up recurring payments keep in mind your pay schedule. If you are living paycheck to paycheck, you’ll need to make sure there are sufficient funds in your account each month before we process the recurring payment.
- Even if you’d prefer to pay your bills manually, you can do that too. As soon as you get your bill in, open our mobile app and pay it in just a few minutes. Once you have your payee set up, we’ll remember them in our system. This makes it even easier for you to pay bills day or night.
- With so many bills coming through it’s easy to forget one. Especially when you’re busy, the months can blur together so you’re not sure what you’ve paid for or when. Bill Pay can help you keep track. No need to dig through old checkbooks, there’s a digital record of it inside your account that’s saved for up to 18 months. If you believe you’ll need it for longer than that, print the processed payment record for your own records.
- This next tip comes in handy, especially around Christmas when family members are going in together to purchase larger gifts. With our Bill Pay system you can text, mail or direct deposit cash into another person’s account. If you text, the recipient will provide the routing and account number. They’ll receive the payment within 1-2 business days. If you know their routing and account number, you can set them up as a payee inside your Bill Pay center. They’ll receive the payment in 1-2 business days. If you want to mail the check, this will arrive within 5-7 business days. Remember, there’s NO charge for any of these services!
We’ve found that being able to pay your bills anytime and anywhere can help take the stress off of you and your spouse. Are you standing in line at the grocery worried you forgot to pay the electric bill last week? Simply check it on your Signet mobile app. Are you in a meeting at work and remember that your mortgage payment is due tomorrow? Pull up your app (discreetly) and pay it in seconds.
Bill Pay is just another way our members bank where they’re in charge! We encourage our members to be in control of their financial future. Part of that is having the confidence that late fees are a thing of the past.
Want to sign up? Start with setting up your online banking account so you’re able to gain access to Signet’s online banking portal and their banking app. Sign up here or stop by one of our branches.