Don’t Miss These Summer Celebrations in Western Kentucky
- Comments off
Summer is such a fun time in western Kentucky! There are so many things to do and events to attend. Lake days, hiking through LBL and biking the Greenway Trail, there is plenty to keep the whole family outside and active.
If you’re looking for more opportunities for your family this Summer, don’t miss out on these events:
- June 22: Signet Night at the Chief’s Game at 6:30pm
Come help us cheer on the Chiefs at Brooks Stadium in Paducah, KY. The first 200 fans will receive a free gift as they enter the stadium. And, if you want to try and win free tickets, check out our Facebook Page Contest!
It’s a fun, affordable night for the whole family. Tickets are only $5 and concessions are available for purchase. Come out and have some fun as we sing “Take Me Out to the Ball Game!” See their full schedule here.
- Paducah Riverfront Concert Series Throughout the Summer
Enjoy free concerts right on the river at Wilson Stage. Bring your lawn chairs and blankets and hear local, regional and national bands. Find the concert schedule here.
- 4th of July Celebrations
- Freedom Fest in Murray on July 4 is an entire day of family friendly celebrations. From a parade, family night and fireworks they have a day packed with fun! Check out their full schedule here.
- Paducah Independence Day Celebration on July 4 will take over the entire downtown Paducah area. A community art project, live music and food vendors all lead up to the main event. The fireworks will begin on the river around 9pm. Discover the day’s events and music lineup here.
- Fireworks on the Lake on June 30:
- Kenlake State Resort Park, Aurora will have their Independence Day Celebration on June 30 with music beginning at 6pm! Then, the fireworks display will be after sunset. This event is located at the “old beach” area so bring your lawn chairs and snacks!
- Kentucky Dam Village State Resort Park, Calvert City is hosting a concert and fireworks extravaganza over Kentucky Lake on the “old beach”. A free rock concert will begin at 7pm and food concessions will be available. So, bring your lawn chairs and blankets!
- July 27: Moonlight Ride
We’re proud to be sponsoring this event again this year! This is an amazing event for everyone in the family and supports a great cause: Paducah Cooperative Ministries. This is a 10-mile moonlit bike ride through the downtown/midtown Paducah area. Hosts BikeWorld and the Chain Reaction Cycling Club have built a fun and exciting ride winding through the streets of Paducah. The party begins at 8pm with a live band and then the ride officially kicks off at 10pm. Deck out your bike with lights and be sure to wear your helmet. Register here, the early bird discount ends July 6!
- Free Weekly Community Events:
If you’re searching for family friendly activities, we recommend checking into public organizations that often have free or very low cost events throughout the year. Your local library may have a regular story hour, teen programs and even family game nights. See McCracken County library events!
Your extension office is also a great resource for activities about cooking, sewing, gardening and children’s activities. Find your local extension office and start learning a new skill this Summer.
It may be a season of higher grocery bills, vacations and bored kids at home. But, you can change that! Build a schedule with your kids that you can all look forward to over the next few months. If you have a vacation coming up be sure to read this! Or, if you’re struggling to stay under budget during the Summer months, take our savings quiz.